FOS Events & News
An exclusive discussion with Ambassador Radovan Javorčík reflecting on Slovak foreign policy over the past 30 years.
“Slovakia @ 30” Slovakia@30 is a collaboration between Friends of Slovakia and the Slovak-American Society of Washington, DC (SASW) to commemorate the 30th anniversary of Slovak independence in 2023. Related posts and events:
Friends of Slovakia hosted a webinar of leading experts who reviewed the most important political, social, economic, and foreign-policy implications of Russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine for Slovakia and beyond.
The 2019 election of Zuzana Čaputová as the first female president of the Slovak Republic brought increased visibility to the country, especially in the realm of foreign policy. While there is still room for greater participation, a growing number of women in Slovakia now occupy senior positions in influencing, planning, and conducting Slovakia’s foreign relations. […]
The 2019 election of Zuzana Čaputová as the first female president of Slovakia brought increased visibility to the country, especially in the realm of foreign policy. While there is still room for greater participation, a growing number of women in Slovakia now occupy senior positions in influencing, planning, and conducting Slovakia’s foreign relations. Friends of […]
The fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989 had a significant impact on Eastern Europe’s political scene. In Czechoslovakia, the Communist regime was replaced by a democratic revolution, which was led by student movements and dissidents. November 2019 marks the 30th anniversary of the Velvet Revolution, a non-violent transition of power with demonstrations against the […]
On November 13, 2017, Pavol Demeš, a renowned Slovak expert on international relations and civil society, gave a talk titled “Slovakia and the United States: The Ties that Bind” at the Embassy of the Slovak Republic in Washington D.C. The event was co-sponsored by Friends of Slovakia (FOS) and the Slovak Republic Embassy. The audience […]
The Friends of Slovakia and Ambassador Peter Kmec co-hosted a reception and book launch on November 15th for Pavol Demes’ latest book, which explores Slovak-American relations. The event was attended by a large audience, including many members of Friends of Slovakia and Wendy Luers, who played a significant role in strengthening Slovak civil society. Ambassador […]
- Ukraine halts legal action against Slovakia amid grain import dramaby Karol Slovik, Marián Koreň on September 22, 2023 at 11:24 am
Legal action against Slovakia, including before the World Trade Organisation and a ban on imports […]
- Covid-19 in Slovakia Q&A: Will there be another wave? What about vaccines?by Ján Krempaský, Daniela Hajčáková, Compiled by Spectator staff on September 22, 2023 at 11:24 am
What you need to know about the coronavirus in the country.
- Post-war architecture shedding communist stigmaby Jana Liptáková on September 22, 2023 at 11:24 am
Champion of socialist building style says there is little time to save iconic buildings from […]
- Man Accused of $730,000 Pandemic Loan Fraud Appears in Federal Court in St. Louison September 22, 2023 at 11:24 am
Mark Ethan Jermain, from Slovakia, appeared in court in St. Louis to answer an indictment that […]
- Liturgical Fashion #1by catholicsensibility on September 22, 2023 at 11:24 am
Apparently, this leopard skin chasuble was widely disliked in Italy, where the image first […]
- Remember that child trafficker who was arrested at the Ukraine-Slovakia border? He just admitted a Ukrainian boarding school in Perechyn is a FRONT for organ harvesting networkby Ethan Huff on September 22, 2023 at 11:24 am
(NaturalNews) Back in early July, we covered the story with leaked video showing the confession of […]