FOS Events & News
On November 5, 2005, President Bush wrote a letter to Friends of Slovakia, expressing his appreciation for the friendship between Slovakia and the United States. The letter was sent on the occasion of the executive visit of President Ivan Gasparovič and Prime Minister Mikuláš Dzurinda, who were attending a Gala Dinner in Washington, DC. It […]
On February 11, 2005, a significant forum on visa issues in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) was organized on Capitol Hill by the East Europe Project at CSIS, together with Friends of Slovakia (FOS) and American Friends of the Czech Republic (AFoCR). The meeting aimed to address the impact of current U.S. visa regulations on political and public relations with the CEE countries. Forum panelists and experts shed light on the legal intricacies of the visa issue and its implications for U.S.-CEE relations, urging for a reconsideration of the status quo.
For the Fifth Annual Freedom lecture, Oxford University Professor Timothy Garton Ash examined the legacy of the 1989 Velvet Revolution and its relevance for countries in transition today.
Friends of Slovakia is pleased to provide to its
supporters this summary of political and economic events in Slovakia in 2003. Sharon
Fisher is a valued member of Friends of Slovakia and is Senior Economist at Global Insight
here in Washington. She has written extensively on Central Europe, including Slovakia,
for the last decade. The views expressed in this
summary are her own.
No video or transcript available.
No video or transcript available.
Several FOS Board Members, Slovak and US dignitaries, and sports celebrities attended the Celebrity Tennis Tournament on June 9 at the Washington Golf & Country Club, including Slovak Prime Minister Mikuláš Dzurinda, Deputy Prime Minister Ivan Mikloš, Minister of Foreign Affairs Eduard Kukan, Ambassador Martin Bútora, and hockey stars Peter Bondra, Peter Šťastný and Miroslav […]
No video or transcript is available.
- Ukraine halts legal action against Slovakia amid grain import dramaby Karol Slovik, Marián Koreň on September 25, 2023 at 4:55 pm
Legal action against Slovakia, including before the World Trade Organisation and a ban on imports […]
- Covid-19 in Slovakia Q&A: Will there be another wave? What about vaccines?by Ján Krempaský, Daniela Hajčáková, Compiled by Spectator staff on September 25, 2023 at 4:55 pm
What you need to know about the coronavirus in the country.
- Post-war architecture shedding communist stigmaby Jana Liptáková on September 25, 2023 at 4:55 pm
Champion of socialist building style says there is little time to save iconic buildings from […]
- Man Accused of $730,000 Pandemic Loan Fraud Appears in Federal Court in St. Louison September 25, 2023 at 4:55 pm
Mark Ethan Jermain, from Slovakia, appeared in court in St. Louis to answer an indictment that […]
- Liturgical Fashion #1by catholicsensibility on September 25, 2023 at 4:55 pm
Apparently, this leopard skin chasuble was widely disliked in Italy, where the image first […]
- Remember that child trafficker who was arrested at the Ukraine-Slovakia border? He just admitted a Ukrainian boarding school in Perechyn is a FRONT for organ harvesting networkby Ethan Huff on September 25, 2023 at 4:55 pm
(NaturalNews) Back in early July, we covered the story with leaked video showing the confession of […]